Wednesday, September 29, 2010

it's a war out here

It's a war. And the one person who could take my side, takes the other... Because it's safer, easier. Because standing up for me risks you standing up for yourself and that is something that you have forgotten how to do.

It's a war out there. Everyday people are disowned, forgotten, murdered, left behind, attacked- for something they believe in, something they feel strongly about. Something they have vocalised or expressed and the bullets are fired. And where are the people standing up for them?

I don't like being here. This war is everyday. This war breaks me down and I am chewing iron nails and grabbing at that tight feeling in my chest. It's mostly a war of words- a power struggle. But standing up has become difficult. My voice is at risk of being taken and that's all I have had to survive this war. That, and sleep. The sleep that never comes.

To that person that refuses to stand up for me, with me, the person that watches the war and takes the safe side. To that person who thinks it's honourable to join in- raise the gun and fire, to you I want to say- I hope you find your voice. I hope that when you finally mouth the words that tighten your chest- that you will be a free man.

It's about doing what you think is right, standing up for what you believe, for those you believe in.

They can take my freedom. My honour. My voice. My speech. But they can never take my words from me.

I hope the war ends for you. I hope someone stands up for you and fights for you, I hope someone fights for your cause.

To you- the person on the battlefield- I hope that whatever is in your heart, that what are you doing doesn't result in you standing a winner, but alone. I hope you realise what are you doing before it's too late and know- even if they didn't stand up for you, that you know how I feel, because you have been there too and that you stop- because you have the power too.

You can fire your very last bullet and kill. Or you can bury your gun and stand free. You have words... I wish you would choose to use them wisely.

The tea cup is half empty today
xo
Crys

No comments:

Post a Comment